You might recall that I said I had Bridesmaid duties this weekend. This involved a trip up to Darlington for a make-up trial for my friend Leanne and then we were fitting her wedding dress together so I could make the final alterations. I had worried that this might be a bit of a challenge especially when she informed me that her sewing machine didn’t have a presser foot and there wasn’t a proper table to use so I would have to do it all kneeling down on a side table!!! I have to say it is the most awkward sewing I have ever done but thankfully it all went smoothly and the dress is now all finished off and packed away ready for the Big Day in four weeks time. I’m a tad biased but she’s going to look gorgeous! I will try and post photos on here after the event.
I suppose as I used ivory yarn to alter the hem I could argue that this gave me a tick for a yarnathon task for the day but I felt that was slightly dubious. And as I am 3 projects down from last weekend I wanted to make sure I carried on with the needles really. Mother of the bride mentioned that she would like a knitted mobile phone cover and I knew this was something I could complete quickly and easily. So as we set off to the beauty parlour on Saturday morning I stashed yarn and needles in my bag and whilst she was being preened I sat behind giving invaluable advice and knitting away! By the time the make-up trial was over I had completed what I thought was the correct size case that would just need stitching up that evening. But as you can see it ended up being just a couple of rows too short. Doh!
But as the dress alterations had been quite speedy I still had time that evening to attempt a 2nd version whilst the phone was there to measure against. So version 2 was completed, stitched and crochet tie added. Two items all completed in one day so I am counting one (even though it was the wrong size) as a catch up of the 3 missing projects from last weekend. Only two more extras to sneak in before the end of the year!