Wow I never thought this would happen and to be honest I feel a little unworthy – but I’ve been nominated for the Sunshine Award by the delightful (and obviously slightly delusional) Modern Home Economist. If you want a calming 5 minutes go and look at her beautiful log cabin quilt that she’s working on!
Gulp!! I am very happy about this and it makes me feel as though all this blogging has been just a little bit worthwhile. So I may just continue for the rest of the 366 days …
But in turn that means I need to give you my answers to the following questions and nominate some much more worthy individuals so please read on.
- What is your favorite color? Claret – this is rather obvious if you know me and the fact that my favourite football team is Burnley!
- What is your favorite animal? I’m definitely not an animal person so I’m tempted to answer none. But I am an Aquarian with a fondness for pretty fish and water so I’d have to say Tropical fish or anything that doesn’t take any looking after.
- What is your favorite number? Anything even! I’m superstitious and just a tad OCD and have a big aversion to odd numbers. The stereo and TV volume always has to be on an even number or I can’t relax. So I guess it’s the number 2.
- What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink? Green tea or herbal tea – one of the best things about travelling to China with work is the ready availability of lovely green and jasmine tea.
- Do you prefer Facebook or Twitter? I still don’t really understand the point of Twitter I’m afraid and already spend far too much time on FB so I really don’t want to find out either.
- What is your passion? How can you only choose one? I’ve narrowed it down to family (particularly the hubby), friends, football, being creative and running. At the moment knitting and crochet are a big focus. But so too is living healthily and looking after my body. I think maybe one of my problems is not being able to focus on just one thing!
- Do you prefer getting or giving presents? I love giving and in particular making personal things to give to people as presents. I just wish I had a bit more time to do this more often.
- What is your favorite pattern? Anything retro – I love Liberty prints and at the moment Paisley too. Anything that feels like it has a bit of history and soul.
- What is your favorite day of the week? Fridays for sure. There’s nothing better than finishing work with the prospect of a whole weekend laying ahead of you.
- What is your favorite flower? Snowdrops and Spring flowers that herald the end of Winter and the reawakening in the garden.
I’m still a bit of a newbie to all the blogging world so don’t really feel as though I’ve scratched the surface yet on finding blogs to follow but here are my nominations of five far worthier bloggers:
- SherylYvette.com – how to make weightwatchers, cycling and running cool and lots of fun!
- Keep & Share – a very philosophical approach to knitting and sustainability.
- Tiny Owl – the cutest knitting patterns and plenty of fairytales.
- Food, Fork & Good – a journey of discovery with some gorgeous yummy recipes along the way.
- Weekend Knitter – a very fluffy blog!
Finally at some point I need to learn how to add this award to my wall! Any hints gratefully received x